Every year has its challenges.
But this year, there were more.
In true teacher form, we are using the A, B, Cs to recognize you for…
- Adjusting and modifying lesson plans for distance learning
- Being a teacher, a coach, and mentor to students
- Continuing to teach during a global pandemic
- Delivering materials to students who did not have computers or devices
- Ensuring your own children are learning as you teach others
- Fighting for equitable and inclusive educational policies
- Globalizing learning to showcase the richness and beauty of diversity
- Heightening understanding of best practices when teaching students with special needs or students with disabilities
- Implementing technology to teach, connect, and assess student learning
- Joining colleagues in supporting one another during this unprecedented time
- Keeping anti-racism classroom practices in the center of teaching and learning
- Learning technology and distance learning best practices (and listening, listening, listening!)
- Modeling conflict resolution skills
- Narrating books, slides, and videos so students can hear the encouragement, warmth and support of your voice
- Offering to tutor, guide, and assist students who are struggling with schoolwork or other challenges
- Prepping and preparing purposeful pedagogy!
- Quantifying data for use with students, families, and educational practices
- Reaching out to families using email, phone calls, and mailed letters
- Sharing your life experiences and stories with students
- Teaching from a distance to keep students and staff safe
- Understanding when to celebrate!
- Visiting different parts of the world using virtual field trips and books that capture students’ imaginations
- Working long hours to create opportunities for interaction with students
- X All of the “X-TRAS” you do each day!
- Your belief in giving students the best of you
- Z The ZEST for life you bring to both the face-to-face and virtual classroom!
We know this been one heck of a year.
Teachers, we celebrate you.