It’s a wrap! Most students and teachers have cheered for the last bell of the school year and are already sailing into summer! Beyond the usual—family vacations, home projects, professional development, day-dreaming and downtime—you might be wishing for a surefire plan to enjoy every single day of summer. Here are 10 quick tips and links to inspire your summer success:
- Spend time outside – fresh air offers many benefits!
- Sleep more – set your alarm for later – or don’t! Be intentional about better rest!
- Exercise every day – walking works. Try for 10K steps a day!
- Read – balance personal and professional book choices.
- Write a real (pen, paper, stamp) thank you note! Gratitude is powerful!
- Have lunch with friends. Enjoy more than 17 minutes sharing a meal with someone interesting or important to you.
- Sit down by a river, creek, or lake. “Blue space” boosts wellbeing.
- Grow some flowers, or at least stop and smell them! Gardening promotes health and happiness.
- Shop at a farmers market, at least once or maybe even every week! Check out the advantages for your body, soul, and pocketbook.
- Practice mindfulness and reflection to make every precious summer day count.
Try out one of these tips to honor your teacher self this summer! Oh, and one more idea as an added bonus for both you and your students, check out our new Educator Wellness course category, and course 5021: Wholehearted Teaching: Reigniting Your Passion for the Teaching Profession
We’d love to “see” you in class!
Learners Edge is passionately committed to providing you with continuing education coursework, materials, and tools that will help you succeed in your classroom and in your career.
Offering more than 100 print-based or online courses for teachers, you can earn the graduate credit you need for salary advancement and meet your professional development needs. Contact us today to get started!