Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts focused on teaching about the U.S. Civil Rights Movement to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Evaluate approaches to teaching about the U.S. Civil Rights Movement.
- Create a list of 5 “lesser known” people, topics, or organizations to include in future teaching.
- Analyze virtual and interactive learning examples for inclusion in curriculum.
- Complete a “Perceive” activity for students to engage with music and artwork of the U.S. Civil Rights Movement.
- Construct an activity for students to compare and contrast the U.S. Civil Rights Movement with civil rights in today’s context.