Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about supporting students living with depression describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Study statistics on depression in the United States including the number of people affected by and living with depression.
- Learn the ways in which depression affects students and children.
- Analyze the many factors that play a role in childhood depression.
- Explore strategies for supporting students living with depression and other mental health challenges.
- Collaborate with a colleague to brainstorm ideas for mental health advocacy, action, and awareness.