Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about assessment in the arts, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Explore the connection between supporting the arts, debunking common misconceptions about assessing artistic endeavors, and the role of assessment in the arts.
- Distinguish the forms of assessment used in the classroom and how they differ from grading.
- Apply various formative and summative assessment strategies in your classroom.
- Integrate multiple forms of assessments into your teaching strategy.