Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about music and the brain, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Analyze your personal experience with, and use of, music in various areas of your life.
- Apply the social-emotional benefits of music for every learner by designing or adapting a classroom activity to fit your classroom that addresses social-emotional learning.
- Examine the benefits of music education for students with disabilities in a classroom setting, and create learning experiences to serve students in your school/classroom.
- Explore ways to advocate for music education in your school.