Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about trauma responsive strategies to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Design an Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) fact sheet to inform families about the effects of trauma on young children.
- Collaborate with a colleague to discuss how child development is impacted by trauma.
- Implement a quick reference guide for use in the classroom when students are expressing trauma.
- Challenge the status quo related to early childhood trauma by implementing Whole-Classroom strategies and Individualized Support Plans (ISPs).