Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about explicit writing instruction, to describe assumptions and insights of
practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional
education practice and growth.
- Design a learning task to support the writer’s craft, focusing on higher-level skills of
language and literary devices.
- Create an activity for students to collaborate as they engage in writing various text types
and with attention to the structure of each type.
- Implement a routine to support transcription skills such as letter formation, phonics, spelling,
morphology, or handwriting.
- Challenge the status quo to develop explicit instructional strategies for teaching sentence
and paragraph construction.