Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about equity in STEM to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Design a project-based learning experience to engage students in solving real-world problems with STEAM.
- Collaborate with an arts specialist, maker, or other creative individual or organization to integrate the Arts and enhance a STEM learning experience.
- Implement strategies to cultivate belonging in STEM spaces for all students.
- Challenge the status quo related to exclusion and underrepresentation in STEM by connecting with mentors or learning about contributions made by diverse people in STEM.