Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about assessment of literacy to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Design a plan to improve communication with families around assessments.
- Develop a one-page handout on a literacy assessment to be shared and used as a collaborative starting point with colleagues.
- Create an assessment using technology and draft an implementation plan for its use.
- Challenge the status quo related to assessment and instruction of students with reading challenges through identification and presentation of best practices.
- Summarize the use of assessments to drive instruction or intervention.