Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about literacy in the content areas, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Design lessons based on a professional or literacy standard with multimodal components for literacy and writing in the content areas.
- Develop a one-page plan to collaborate with a colleague around one aspect of literacy in the content areas.
- Implement a new reading comprehension activity.
- Challenge the status quo related to vocabulary instruction by developing a multimodal student activity.