Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to mental health for students who are Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design a strategy to address and share information on mental health for students who are BIPOC through family resources and emotional check-ins.
- Collaborate with colleagues on a plan of action to challenge inequities within the school, or to develop a creed for allyship.
- Implement strategies for BIPOC for developing an inclusive school environment, and including representative materials in the curriculum.
- Develop an action plan to challenge the status quo related to engaging in difficult conversations, and recruiting and retaining teachers of color.