Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self in relation to the need for vulnerability in teaching and learning.
- Examine how our ability to be vulnerable affects the way we teach, learn, and lead in our classrooms and schools.
- Summarize in writing how Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and trauma impact students’ physical health, mental health, and ability to learn.
- Determine ways to create a classroom community and culture that supports all students.
- Design a lesson using resources that promote healthy emotions and combat fear and shame.
- Identify student and collegial feedback best practices.
- Enlist gratitude methods to increase the well-being of students and educators.