Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to relationship building in professional practice.
- Develop a greater understanding of and respect for students personal and academic selves.
- Describe the role that relationships play in creating an environment conducive to learning.
- Identify strategies to nurture teacher-student and student-student relationships.
- Evaluate the learning environment for evidence of student-centered design principles.
- Develop an awareness of personal identity and evaluate the characteristics of relationship-building teachers.
- Create a student behavior plan using non-punitive intervention strategies.