Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self specific to five success skills for students (empathy, integrity, self-control, embracing diversity, grit).
- Create learning opportunities for students to understand, develop and use empathy.
- Design activities to increase self-control in students.
- Develop an understanding of integrity and find resources to use in the classroom to teach the concept.
- Review resources related to embracing diversity for implementation in professional practice.
- Implement activities to increase grit including reflection.
- Identify how school culture plays a role in the implementation of teaching the five success skills.
- Find, develop and use resources related to five success skills for students (empathy, integrity, self-control, embracing diversity, grit).