Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self specific to mindfulness in school settings.
- Understand the purpose, principles and benefits of mindfulness practices.
- Explore classroom mindfulness techniques to improve focus, and support social and emotional learning.
- Apply mindfulness strategies to successfully promote positive student interactions.
- Develop routine classroom activities to teach the principles and practices of mindfulness.
- Design an action plan to implement classroom or school-wide mindfulness programming.