We like to take every opportunity to recognize and support the educators in our lives, and this school year, teachers definitely deserve extra appreciation! As 2021 comes to a close, you might be looking for ideas to thank a teacher in your life. Teaching Channel is based in Minneapolis/St. Paul and we think you will enjoy a Made in Minnesota gift guide for educators, carefully curated by our Curriculum & Instruction team!
If you need fresh inspiration this holiday season and like supporting small businesses, you’ll find ideas at every price point for teachers, colleagues, administrators, assistants, paraprofessionals, and loved ones in education. You may even find something for yourself—we know you’re worth it! If you are located far from Teaching Channel headquarters, no worries–all our suggestions are available online! Or, use our guide for inspiration and source a similar item at a store near you. We invite you to visit Minnesota for a virtual shopping outing, just for educators!
- Tech gadgets make great gifts! Check out these Top 7 Tech Gifts for Teachers from the Butterfly Teacher Blog.
- A subscription or membership keeps on giving! Consider going in with others to purchase an audiobook membership at Libro.FM, a streaming music or video subscription, or a membership to a local art, history, or science museum.
- Ask your child what their teacher needs! They’ll happily pick out a new playground ball, game for indoor recess, whiteboard markers, electric pencil sharpener, or their teacher’s favorite kind of candy! While this isn’t as fun as some of the other options, it may save your teacher from purchasing these items.
- Pamper your educator with gift cards for a massage, manicure/pedicure, yoga or fitness class pass for self-care.
- Consider a charitable donation in honor of your educator, such as a gift to your local food shelf or an education-focused nonprofit like DonorsChoose or the Education Trust. Or, purchase from a company that donates a portion of its sales, such as those on Good Housekeeping’s list of 35 Gifts that Give Back to Charities in Need.
Remember! Gift cards are always appreciated. Visa gift cards are nice because they may be used anywhere. Choose a local restaurant or Door Dash to give your educator a night off from cooking. Office supply, bookstore, Target, or TeachersPayTeachers gift cards may be ideal for classroom needs. Whichever present you choose, accompanying your selection with a note from you or your child sharing your appreciation just might be the most special gift of all.