STEM and STEAM frameworks provide essential skills to future success in the workplace, and as agents of change in the world. “The State of STEM Education Through 25 Stats,” by Ryan Boser links to information to motivate students to explore STEM or STEAM careers.
There are many ways to celebrate student curiosity and learning through Science, Math, Engineering Design, Art, and Math. Browse through the following resources to make your STEM/STEAM day relevant and engaging!
- “5 Ways to Celebrate National STEM/STEAM Day,” from The Learning Counsel covers Project Based Learning (PBL), Hour of Code, Tynker, LEGO, and Minecraft
- “National STEM Day 2022: Five Activities to Celebrate,” from Create and Learn links to virtual experiences through NASA, 3M, science museums, and even flying a QuESST aircraft!
- The National Science Teachers Association offers “Freebies and Opportunities for Science and STEM Teachers.” Membership may be needed to access.
- Did you know there’s no official website or organization declaring National STEM/STEAM Day? The website National Today.com offers some great ideas to celebrate!
Other go-to resources:
- Institute for Arts Integration and STEAM
- NASA STEM Engagement
- ISTE’s STEAM in Education
- PBS Learning Media: STEM and STEAM
- STEM Teaching Tools.org
- Free STEM Resources for Kids
- STEM Learning
- STEM Resources
Happy STEM/STEAM Day! No matter how you celebrate, be sure to include some STEM treats!
We’ve got a great selection of courses to level up your STEM and STEAM practices!
5095: Teaching With Video to Support Digital Classroom Success
ONLINE TEACHING AND TECHNOLOGY
Online Teaching and Technology Courses at Learners Edge
- 5221: STEM is the Future for All Students
- 5795: STEAM Education: Integrating the Arts in Your Classroom
Learners Edge is passionately committed to providing you with continuing education coursework, materials, and tools that will help you succeed in your classroom and in your career.
Offering more than 120 online courses for teachers, you can earn the graduate credit you need for salary advancement and meet your professional development needs. Contact us today to get started!