How is Your Class Celebrating?
We know it’s irrational, this never ending and constant love of pi(e).
Fortunately, there are plenty of other pi(e) loversto unite with, and hundreds of ideas to be found to celebrate3.14159265358979– andpie.
(And Albert Einstein, whose birthday auspiciously falls on this day.)
For our part, Learners Edge will be enjoying a few different kinds of the tasty kind of pie.Check out the listbelow for some great ideas to celebrate pi(e) in your school or classroom!
- Time Magazinecelebrated the 30thAnniversary of Pi Day last year,with a list of fun facts, and a highlight of the day’s Google Doodle.
- Where to go forthe hardcore Pi Day celebratory resources?The American Mathematical Society’s website, of course! These folks know how to party like Pi Day rock stars!
- Hot dogs, poetry, and singing? Sign us up for the stuffon this site!
- A few amazing ideas fromWe Are Teachers: Create Pi Day Appreciation Cards and give teachers or students a pi(e) in the face!
- Is thisThe Matrix? An alternative dimension? Check outthis3:14 length videoabout calculating pi with real pies.
- And finally, the motherlode of all pi day resources (with its own domain, of course):Pi Day.org.
How are you celebrating Pi Day?
Tag us in your celebrations onFacebook and Instagram!
Learners Edge is passionately committed to providing you with continuing education coursework, materials, and tools that will help you succeed in your classroom and in your career.
Offering more than 100 print-based or online courses for teachers, you can earn the graduate credit you need for salary advancement and meet your professional development needs. Contact us today to get started!