Happy (almost) Spring!!
As we make our way out of the shadows, blinking into the sunlight this March, we have some exciting news to share with you!
The Curriculum and Instruction team gave our course categories an overhaul! We dug in to really assess how we could make sure they represented the topics important to education professionals. As a result, we have added 6 new content topic areas and have also restructured a few of our existingcourse categories to better meet your needs. We have also provided definitions for each of the categories to help you target the course topics you are seeking. Take a look!
- NEW! Social Emotional Learning (SEL):Whole child strategies to meet the needs of each child beyond academics
- NEW! Educator Wellness: Essential self-care practices for education professionals
- NEW!Culture and Language: Inclusive practices to address students from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds
- NEW! 21st Century Learning: Philosophies and innovative strategies for learning in the 21st Century
- NEW! Personalized Continuing Ed: Customizable professional development based on your interests and needs.
- New!Teaching in the Content Areas: Subject-specific methods for content area teaching
- Teaching Excellence: Innovations to improve educator effectiveness beyond instruction
- Literacy: Strategies for reading and writing instruction
- Instructional Strategies: Research-based methods to improve teaching and learning
- Leadership: Individual and school-wide strategies for leaders in education.
- Early Childhood: Best practices for teaching and learning in children ages 0-5
- Technology: Online tools and frameworks for digital teaching and learning
- Positive Behavior Supports(formerly Classroom Management): Effective strategies and systems to foster and reinforce positive student behavior in learning environments
- Special Populations: Evidence-based practices to support the diverse needs of groups and individuals
Along with the category changes, we are proud to offer 9 brand new, 3 credit courses for your continuing education needs that will be available for registration on Friday, March 16, 2018.
- Course 5009:Reading Instruction for the Head and Heart:The powerhouse team ofKyleneBeers and Robert Probst have done it again!Dig in to engage students in reading at a whole new level- using both critical thinking AND meaningful compassion.
Teaching in the Content Area
- Course 5017:Think Like an Historian! Teaching Historical Investigations in Social Studies:Learners Edge is proud to debut our first Social Studies course! This course allows students to consider and apply key historical thinking concepts through a framework that engages students with a variety of critical thinking tools. This is an exciting way to study Social Studies!
- Course 5033:Mindsets and Math: Enjoyment and Achievement for All:It’s time for a mindset makeover in math! Unleash learning potential by moving students from a “fixed” to a “growth” mindset about math, and watch them connect with math concepts head-on.
- Course 5016:Developing Expert Learners Through Personalized Learning:Customize student’s learning to increase achievement and engagement. This course gives you the basics to implement this exciting framework!
- Course5036:Digital Literacy: Engaging Technologies for Learning to Read and Reading to Learn:Teachers must know and understand the ways in which students are getting their information. Discoverspecific apps, programs, and strategies to use in daily instruction and promote beyond to home learning environments.
- Course 5054:Navigating Personalized Learning as a Leader:Personalized learning is a wonderful way to make learning count for each student. Get your building or district headed down the path of personalized learning with this intriguing leadership course.
- Course 5060:Social Media Responsibility: Speaking the Language and Keeping Kids Healthy:Social media is the preferred method of communication for tweens and teens. Learn how to build your own awareness, and help kids achieve the balance they need to thrive in all areas of their lives.
- Course 5021:Wholehearted Teaching: Reigniting Your Passion for the Teaching Profession:Remind yourself why you became a teacher, and create a classroom and school community that focuses on HEART: happiness, engagement, alliances, risk, thought–and the necessity of connection.
- Course Number: 5029: Creating an Inclusive Classroom for Students with Exceptionalities:This course will empower teachers to embrace inclusion with expertise, using evidence-based instruction along with behavioral management practices. You’ll learn to successfully support all students with exceptionalities!
Learners Edge is passionately committed to providing you with continuing education coursework, materials, and tools that will help you succeed in your classroom and in your career.
Offering more than 100 print-based or online courses for teachers, you can earn the graduate credit you need for salary advancement and meet your professional development needs. Contact us today to get started!