Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about including debate and argumentation into the classroom to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Create a list of potential debate topics in a content area.
- Develop a plan to implement alternative debate formats including flash debates and/or Argument-Based Socratic Seminar.
- Design a mini-lesson to teach skills for respectful disagreement and civil discourse in the classroom.
- Demonstrate how your professional practice has shifted in regard to planning and implementing debate in the classroom.