Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about college essay application writing to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Review tips, tricks, and information about college application essay writing from a variety of universities and colleges to best support students.
- Examine lesson plans and resources for teaching college application essay writing units and adapt the strategies to contexts.
- Practice using mentor texts to teach college application essay writing.
- Brainstorm the impacts of AI writing apps like ChatGPT on the writing process.
- Understand how the recent Supreme Court ruling on affirmative action impacts the college application essay.