Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about data equity analysis to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Identify the rationale behind data equity and its benefits for student growth and learning.
- Reflect on the ways our own bias and identities may impact the way we interpret or interact with data.
- Explore a variety of data collection tools and resources and identify the categories of data that can help us best solve equity issues.
- Collect and analyze data to help answer an equity question and use an observation and inference method to help you think critically through the process.
- Develop an action plan for implementing a new initiative or change based on school data in order to foster change within your school community.