Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about teaching about the U.S. Civil War, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Plan a mini-lesson for students to learn about contributions and challenges of Indigenous Americans in the Civil War.
- Create a list of ideas for revising or creating a lesson about slavery, abolition, or specific abolitionists.
- Write a textbook entry summarizing information from the resources about women in the U.S. Civil War.
- Determine how to incorporate Civil War photography in your instruction and curriculum.
- Develop an activity for students to discuss the removal of U.S. Civil War monuments.