Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about assessing social emotional learning skills to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Examine the foundations, history, and concepts of social emotional learning.
- Identify the domains, frameworks, and terms of quality social emotional learning.
- Design an assessment to measure students’ social emotional skills.
- Brainstorm strategies for using social emotional learning assessment data to improve student outcomes.
- Justify the need for social emotional learning skills and assessments in curriculum and schools.