Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about the use of poetry to support social-emotional learning and diverse content areas and to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Reflect on the importance of incorporating poetry in the classroom.
- Identify poetry instructional strategies that could be applied to your classroom.
- Create a list of poetry resources that could be implemented as a part of a classroom routine or everyday lesson beyond a poetry unit.
- Analyze the connections between social-emotional learning and poetry.
- Revise current classroom lesson plans by integrating poetry content across content areas.