Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to literacy in the content areas, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design an original infographic, handout, presentation, or lesson plan outlining important new literacies.
- Prepare a collaboration plan around literacy in the content area.
- Create an implementation plan for using discipline-specific inquiry in content area instruction and consider implementation of other concepts throughout the course.
- Draft an email or a presentation to share with colleagues outlining key components of writing in the content areas to challenge the status quo.
- Develop a multimodal student activity to teach or reinforce academic and content specific vocabulary terms.