Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to thinking classrooms, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design the physical and intellectual space of your thinking classroom.
- Prepare an activity to collaborate with colleagues, parents, or administrators on transitioning to more thinking and less “studenting” in math class.
- Implement a lesson intentionally designed around thinking.
- Develop an action plan to challenge the status quo related to traditional math instruction.