Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use provided prompts specific to cognitive engagement to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional educational practice.
- Design mini lessons that include activities from the understand, analyze, evaluate and create levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy Revised.
- Create student exercises that include opportunities for student movement and collaboration.
- Develop strategies for teaching the common language of a thinking classroom and media literacy.
- Analyze, in writing, teacher practices in a thinking classroom using high-level cognitive engagement strategies.