Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to working with exceptional learners in professional practice.
- Examine evidence-based practices for working with students with disabilities, English Language Learners, gifted students, as well as other exceptionalities.
- Identify the role technology plays with promoting learning and engagement for students with disabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to address difficult behavior by first determining the function of the behavior.
- Create a progress-monitoring tool to track student progress.
- Promote awareness and understanding of The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act.