Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to student mental health in professional practice.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of a variety of mental health disorders.
- Learn strategies to support students with mental illness and increase the likelihood of success in the classroom.
- Locate support systems and connect colleagues, students, families and self to critical resources in local, state, and national agencies.
- Analyze current mental health practices in schools.
- Identify strategies for addressing suicide and suicide prevention.