Twos-day is coming! Are you prepared?
In just a few weeks an historic day will be upon us–February 22, 2022 or 2/22/22. And what’s more, it falls on a Tuesday! This rare calendar event definitely calls for celebration. With so many teachers and students feeling the weight of pandemic schooling right now, a day to party is just what is needed!
A holiday like Twos-day begs for some silly (or “cringy” if you work with teens), outlandish, forget-about-your-troubles kind of fun so get ready for our EPIC list of ideas for celebrating Tues-day in style. Pick one or pick them all!
- Wear “tutus”
- Dress up as famous pairs
- Draw or write about what you’ll be doing in 22 years
- Focus your grammar lesson on “to, too and two”
- Write couplets in ELA
- Practice doubles and halves in math
- Allow students to work in pairs all day
- Read aloud the book Tuesday by David Weisner
- Share a treat like Little Debbies (they come in pairs), Double Bubble Gum or Twix
- Make compound words or words with 2 syllables
- Review content with Trash Can Basketball where students earn 2 points for each answer
- Arrange a Big Buddies/Little Buddies activity where students work in pairs
- Number 2 Directed Drawings: turn the 2 into something else (like a shark)
- Make a playlist of songs that include the number two (or twenty)
- Challenge students to create a funny meme for Twos-day
- Skip count by 2s as you line up or leave the classroom
- Create art using only the number 2 (like these cute monsters)
- Groups compete to name as many things that come in pairs as they can in 2 minutes
- Engage students in exercises in sets of 22 (jumping jacks, squats, pushups)
- Students summarize a unit or lesson with “2 important things to know about _____” prompt
- Challenge students to classroom or school wide Photo Scavenger Hunt for things in pairs
- And last, but not least, buy streamers, noisemakers, and shakers, then have a dance party at 2:22pm!
Teaching Channel is passionately committed to providing you with continuing education coursework, materials, and tools that will help you succeed in your classroom and in your career.
Offering more than 120 online courses for teachers, you can earn the graduate credit you need for salary advancement and meet your professional development needs. Contact us today to get started!