Video Coaching in Education is a Game Changer
Video gives coaches and athletes the same thing that all educators want— and need: relevant, actionable feedback that improves practices and promotes growth.
It also provides observers—whether they be coaches or school leaders—the opportunity to provide feedback on their schedule, not necessarily in the middle of a busy school day.
Interestingly enough, in a recent SmartBrief poll with educators:
- 91% felt that simply filming their instruction would help them improve their practices.
- 85% of school leaders said that using video in observations would help them provide more meaningful feedback.
- A Game Changer: Using video to achieve high performance in the classroom – Playbook for School and District Leaders (Report)
- “The Playbook” – a practical guide to effective implementation in your district or school)
- A Game Changer (Infographic))