Goals and Objectives of this Course:
Upon completion of this course, participants will be better prepared to:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to
student mental health in professional practice.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of a variety of mental health disorders.
- Support students with mental illness and increase the likelihood of success in the
- Locate support systems and connect colleagues, students, families and self to critical
resources in local, state, and national agencies.
- Analyze and recommend changes to current mental health practices in schools.
- Recommend strategies for addressing suicide and suicide prevention.