Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to mathematical conversation in professional practice.
- Compare and contrast the use of open strategy sharing and targeted discussions.
- Apply multiple planning templates to guide mathematics discussions.
- Evaluate case studies to identify specific strategies for leading effective mathematics discussions.
- Analyze potential math problems/tasks for implementing various discussion strategies.