Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to executive functioning in professional practice.
- Explore the brain processes that allow executive function to develop and improve.
- Learn specific structures and activities to teach and reinforce executive skills.
- Learn interventions and accommodations that can be applied when students have an executive functioning challenge.
- Identify life skills related to executive functions and plan for classroom implementation including: control consciousness, engagement, collaboration, empowerment, efficacy and leadership.
- Explore and practice facilitation skills.
- Reflect on ways to build a culture of executive function focus in the classroom.