Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to helping students cope with grief, in professional practice.
- Understand the four major concepts of death and how death is perceived differently according to the age of the student.
- Learn ways to support grieving students and their families.
- Explore ways to instigate and maintain communication with grieving students.
- Review student behaviors and/or academic challenges and how they are related to loss/grief.
- Communicate a school wide crisis plan.