Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Reflect on assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, specific to family engagement in education.
- Understand the role communication plays in the engagement of families and students.
- Explore how family support is imperative to student achievement.
- Apply strategies like strength based thinking, home visits and student led conferences that will engage families in their student’s learning.
- Create and analyze classroom tools that will assist parents in understanding the importance of their role in the education of their students.
- Develop and recreate family engagement opportunities to build relationships, welcome, honor, and connect with families.