Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about teaching and learning about social justice to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Articulate what is meant by “social justice,” and what social justice education means for educators, students, and schools.
- Analyze resources that can be used to teach students about current social justice issues.
- Examine meaningful ways for students to become social justice advocates.
- Design a lesson about social justice based on pedagogical best practices.
- Advocate for social justice education by communicating with stakeholders.