Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about planning and implementing literacy strategies across content areas to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Based on new learning, identify a list of reading strategies that can be implemented in your content area(s) and classroom.
- Describe shifts you will make in writing instruction to help students demonstrate subject matter skills and expertise.
- Recall the benefits of writing conferences and design a learning experience that includes the opportunity to provide formative feedback to students.
- Identify a disciplinary mentor text and explain how it will be used with students.
- Demonstrate how your professional practice has shifted specific to teaching literacy in your content area(s).