Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about personal narrative writing to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Review a variety of strategies for supporting students with writing personal narratives.
- Reflect on the risks associated with personal writing and ways to be intentional around asking students to complete personal narrative writing in the classroom.
- Adapt creative writing and narrative writing activities to fit the context of your own classroom.
- Develop activities that integrate the use of mentor texts when teaching personal narrative writing to engage and support student learning.
- Explore alternative formats for teaching personal narratives and make connections between personal narratives and podcasting, interviewing, and oral storytelling to best meet students’ diverse learning needs.