Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about argumentation for school leaders to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Identify the critical components of argumentation and the terms needed for students to successfully analyze, understand, and design arguments for persuasion.
- Create a scope and sequence of objectives or teaching points with activities to be used to teach argumentative writing.
- Prepare a Flash Debate plan for students.
- Design a mini-lesson on respectful engagement and discourse.
- Demonstrate how your professional practice has shifted as a result of your learning intention and goals from the course content.