Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about creativity and literacy, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Explain the connection between creativity, the brain, and literacy as well as the value of integrating creativity and literacy.
- Identify thinking habits and strategies that can support the development of effective literacy habits.
- Develop a range of strategies for incorporating creativity into reading, writing, and speaking activities in the English Language Arts classroom.
- Examine how self-direction and student choice support creativity in literacy.