Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about teaching about the U.S. presidency to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Articulate the informal and formal qualifications for the president, and develop a Statement of Candidacy, identifying values and goals.
- Complete a learning task identifying the sources of campaign funds in a given state.
- Analyze campaign ads to choose strategies that fit with your platform.
- Develop a mini-lesson to inform students about the purpose and workings of primaries and caucuses.
- Describe how you will help students to debate the necessity of the electoral college.