Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about online assessment design to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers, and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Explore essential elements of online assessments and evaluate your existing tools and practices for designing effective online assessments.
- Examine the concepts of formative and diagnostic assessments and evaluate which online assessment methods align best with your student’s needs and learning outcomes.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for utilizing online tools to provide timely and meaningful feedback, fostering student growth and learning.
- Evaluate various options for administering summative assessments to students online and devise strategies to prevent cheating in an online assessment environment.
- Identify various tools and resources available to create authentic assessments that gauge students’ real-world understanding and skills.