Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about ethics and guiding principles in counseling to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Gain a working vocabulary of ethics language used in professional counseling.
- Explore general principles of ethics in counseling.
- Examine the relationship between counselors and clients.
- Study how breaches of confidentiality interfere with counseling ethics.
- Brainstorm examples to learn about the concepts of privacy, confidentiality, and privilege.