Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about study skills to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Explore the foundations of the Science of Learning and its connection to study skills.
- Examine executive functioning skills and how they relate to student success and achievement.
- Apply metacognition strategies to improve students’ study skills.
- Determine the impact of growth mindsets on learning and study habits.
- Develop strategies to enhance study skills of typical students, of those with disabilities, and how to support students who lack the learning resources needed when not at school.