Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about resilience, to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Define resilience in student friendly terms and explain how a focus on resilience can positively impact learners.
- Identify, in writing, practices that will contribute to increased resilience.
- Reflect, in writing, on toxic stress and how it relates to teaching as a professional practice.
- Organize information on Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) to share with colleagues.
- Develop a lesson plan that includes coping strategies for use when facing academic, social, or emotional hardships.