Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about classroom conversations and equity work to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Explore the importance of classroom conversations and the connection between meaningful classroom discussion and equity work.
- Analyze the impact of an educator’s identity and positionality in the classroom on the success of classroom conversations.
- Identify strategies and protocols educators can use to facilitate classroom conversations.
- Examine student-facing tools and resources that can be used with students to help them develop classroom conversation skills.
- Address the complexities of navigating classroom conversations about current events.