Goals and Objectives of this Course:
- Use prompts about the use of literature to teach emotional intelligence and to describe assumptions and insights of practitioners, researchers and self, including how the information relates to professional education practice and growth.
- Assess and communicate to various stakeholders the importance of emotional intelligence and social and emotional learning including the use of literature to teach it.
- Create a new classroom routine that supports assessment of social and emotional skills and the use of assessment to drive instruction and/or supports.
- Demonstrate how your professional practice has shifted specific to diversity, equity, and inclusion in social and emotional learning.
- Create a list of literature you can use to disrupt bias, stereotypes, and prejudice of traditionally marginalized groups.
- Plan for the use of a children’s book to teach a non-academic concept.